Thursday, August 25, 2005

Change

I have been wrestling with change lately - letting it worry me. Change in my life, my former school, my church. As I read my bible - and copied much of 2 Peter, chapter one (I love those lists!!!), I prayed for God to direct my life forward, and keep me from worry and concerns.

After I read my bible and pray and occasionally journal some, I have been reading from a daybook for women my age called "Younger by the Day". This is not a Christian book; however, I have been enjoying the perspective from someone a little older than I am on focusing on what is important in life and the changes we make as women once our nests are empty.

Here is today's reading - straight from God to me I think - and I am just substituting the word God for the word life in the last two or three sentences!

"August 25: Let Life (God) Flow
I love the title of the play 'Your Arms Are Too Short to Box with God.' We all have short arms when trying to manipulate life to suit us.
Life has its rhythm and we have ours. They're designed to coexist in harmony, so that when we do what is ours to do and otherwise let life be, we garner acceptance and serenity. Certainly we're supposed to envision what we want and work toward that, but we'll stress ourselves into the geriatric ward early if we think we can control the nuances, detours, and timing along the way. Even the ultimate outcome is out of our hands, and that's not necessarily a bad thing. What we want just might get us into no end of trouble, or it could keep us from something better, or from learning some truth we've waited a lifetime to discover.
Perhaps you remember the hippies' mantra, 'Go with the flow.' They had a point. Obsessing over the way things proceed just makes you worried, and fighting against it just makes you weary. Instead, stand back and look as a neutral observer at the twists and turns life takes, all the while putting one foot in front of the other and doing what is before you to do. When you aren't getting in life's (God's) way, it (He) does all it (He) can to help you out.
Revitalize your life with words: I flow with the current of life (God). I am secure and content."

This was a timely reminder and affirmation to me - stay out of God's way, let Him work, and wait for His best to happen in my life. Thanks Lord for the provision of Your wisdom and peace!

1 Comments:

At August 25, 2005 at 12:20 PM, Blogger Danielle said...

Nice post. Change isn't always easy, as we're experiencing, but pretty much expected, huh?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home