Saturday, October 09, 2004

Normality

What is that after all? Really I'm only talking about work - after a meeting every evening last week - Monday through Thursday - We now have the school year totally off and running, and will have a more normal schedule for a while.

AND - it was worth it!

Our teachers came up with an awesome curriculum nights idea and it was well worth it at each and every level. After a PTO meeting on Monday night, we had curriculum night for upper elementary (fourth through sixth grade) on Tuesday, lower el. (1st through 3rd) Wednesday, and Early childhood (ages three - K) on Thursday. They were great. The parents and children had a truly WONDERFUL time, the children showing work and parents really SEEING what their children are learning. I am very glad they came up with this idea.

My staff - what a wonderful group of men and women serving God by helping children - who truly are our future!

Next year we'll do this again - only not the same week as PTO maybe, so I can have an evening off! :)

Other big news at school - with a wonderful anonymous sponsor's help - we have become an advertiser for the Channel 24 "Our Town" series coming up about Bowling Green, OH. The ad was filmed this week and I'm really pleased with how it turned out. AND, my beautiful Montessori teacher daughter is in it - and I didn't do a thing to make that happen either!!! :)

I am off to a 12 noon appointment followed by one at 3. But it is so wonderful to have this Saturday morning at home, catching up, as it were, on the details of life.

1 Comments:

At October 21, 2004 at 5:24 PM, Blogger notreallydoingthis said...

i'm glad that you finally have time to relzx as well...
you are wonder woman

 

Post a Comment

<< Home